[X4U] Startup iMac directly in Front Row?

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:45:33 PDT 2008

When I move my iMac to another room to watch a DVD or do a slide show
for family, I'd like to startup directly in Front Row and be able to
control everything with the Apple Remote.

I'd like not to have to move the wired mouse and the wired keyboard.

Usually when I power up I get the window advising me that the machine
is searching for the bluetooth devices.  I can't  get past this
without retrieving the mouse and closing the window. Then I can get to
Front Row as I normally do.

Once or twice, without the keyboard or mouse attached, but pressing
the buttons on the Apple Remote I've happened to power up directly
into Front Row. No "searching for Bluetooth device" window appeared.
But I'm unable to reproduce this behavior as I don't know exactly what
I did.

John
24" iMac Intel Leopard 10.5.4