[X4U] Backing up Apple Mail in Leopard

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Sep 23 23:25:59 PDT 2008

On Sep 23, 2008, at 4:47 PM, Jesse Leo wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered before, but specifically which
> folders should I be backing up for Apple Mail on a Leopard computer?

The problem isn't backing up your mail from Mail.app, it is re-
integrating your mail after you have recovered from a disaster.
I've heard from several folks who have tried doing it, and it wasn't
as easy as you might suspect.

That's why it is a good idea to use a mail backup program.  The
program can not only automate the archiving of your mail, it can make
recovery after a mishap a trivial affair.

BackityMac  ($5)
http://www.whimsplucky.com/Whimsplucky/BackityMac.html

Email Backup Pro ($10)
http://homepage.mac.com/minge/md/products/emailbackuppro/index.html