[X4U] Backing up Apple Mail in Leopard

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 18:34:53 PDT 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 1:25 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2008, at 4:47 PM, Jesse Leo wrote:
>
>> Apologies if this has been covered before, but specifically which
>> folders should I be backing up for Apple Mail on a Leopard computer?
>
> The problem isn't backing up your mail from Mail.app, it is re-
> integrating your mail after you have recovered from a disaster.
> I've heard from several folks who have tried doing it, and it
> wasn't as easy as you might suspect.
>
> That's why it is a good idea to use a mail backup program.  The
> program can not only automate the archiving of your mail, it can
> make recovery after a mishap a trivial affair.
>
> BackityMac  ($5)
> http://www.whimsplucky.com/Whimsplucky/BackityMac.html
>
> Email Backup Pro ($10)
> http://homepage.mac.com/minge/md/products/emailbackuppro/index.html

Randy,

Thanks ! I will study it over the next few days and will likely buy it.

Do you know of anyone that is offering PGP for mail.app ? I tried
Google and the only thing that came up was some hack and it was out
of europe (IIRC).

Apples web site is almost quiet about PGP for mail. I tried MACWORLD
and pretty much the same thing. I would ask a question there but
cannot figure out how to do so.

Ed