[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Aron S. Spencer aron at r8ix.com
Tue Sep 30 12:27:32 PDT 2008

Not sure what the problem is; I use attached files all the time, and
all my accounts are IMAP. It's not a problem. Also, there's an option
in preferences to "keep copies of messages for offline viewing", so
you don't have to move it to "On My Mac" to have a copy on your
machine even when you're not connected to the 'net.
IMAP is, generally, a superior protocol to POP.

On Sep 30, 2008, at 2:42 PM, Linda wrote:

> On 9/30/08 12:58 PM, Doug McNutt wrote:
>
>> A problem with IMAP is attached files.
>
> Thanks for mentioning this, Doug. Most of my work comes and goes via
> attachments to email, so this observation of yours is the final nail
> in the
> coffin. I appreciate your mentioning it.
>
> ~Linda

Aron S. Spencer
Union, NJ 07083