[X4U] Apple Mail Queston

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Thu Apr 2 05:40:54 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 11:15 PM, Rod Buchanan wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2009, at 8:06 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:
>
>> What is the point though?  You do it once, and then you don't have
>> to again.
>
> The only time I want to use it is reading mailing lists.  Different
> strokes for different folks, I guess.
>
> I did find an AppleScript that does it, just need to tie it to a
> key.  Need to look into Quickisilver, since doing it in System
> Preferences - > Keyboard Shortcuts doesn't seem to work.

Mission accomplished.

For anyone interested in doing the same, there is an AppleScript to
toggle the preview pane here:

	http://www.kashubeck.com/blog/2008/01/20/tweakin-mailapp/

The author used Quicksilver to map it to a key, but it crashed
constantly on my Mac Pro.  I found a program call FastScripts that
does the trick nicely:

	http://www.red-sweater.com/fastscripts/

As a rule I abhor preview panes.  However that is the only way I know
of in Mail to easily go to the next message while reading emails --
about the only thing I miss from Entourage.

--
Rod

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true.
-- Robert Wilensky