[X4U] mac mini hooked to a TV

Dave 69abel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 07:47:23 PDT 2009

Congratulations! I'm sure that you will enjoy it!

Have you considered how you are going to control the machine once it
is installed? Apple remote? Bluetooth keyboard and mouse? Other
remote? Logitech diNovo Mini keyboard? http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en

I'm currently using an Apple IR remote, Bluetooth keyboard, and mighty
mouse for the mini, and an older Philips universal remote for the  TV,
satellite receiver,  and home theatre system. For everyday use, only
the universal remote and the Apple remote are required, but that is
still 2 remotes. One would be much nicer!

Have you considered power for your system? The reason I ask is I have
recently installed a 1000VA UPS for my entertainment system. I
realized that i have too much $ invested in that rack to not protect
it, and it is nice to be able to gently power down all the components
when the power goes out, and still have their settings retained for a
few hours - I live in a small rural town and electricity is a bigger
concern than most people appreciate. I'm also hoping that clean power
will result in higher quality audio and video, as well as longer
component life.

Regards,
Dave