[X4U] mac mini hooked to a TV

Dave 69abel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:15:23 PDT 2009

That is excellent!

With all due respect to your local electrical supply, a UPS is a small
investment when compared to the cost of all the equipment connected
and the associated data. Considering that a UPS can protect your
equipment from surges, voltage spikes, under-voltage (brown-outs), and
short term power outages, any of which could easily damage electronics
or corrupt data, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't have all their
electronics protected.

When it comes to ripping DVD's, I'm no expert or connoisseur, yet...
I've been using Handbrake's 'AppleTV' setting for TV playback, and if
I wish to put a movie on my iPhone I'll re-encode the ripped version
using the 'iPhone' setting. This seems to be doing a decent enough
job. I'm not concerned with file size as my notebook has a mostly
empty 320GB HD, and my iPhone usually has over 1.5GB of free space.

Regards,
Dave