[X4U] Widgets? - Unrelated

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Apr 15 05:09:49 PDT 2009

Ed,

>I think I installed one on purpose but since it was never heard from
>again I do not use it. I occasionally find them in the foreground
>and can never figure out what key combination I hit to get them to
>come to the foreground. They are essentially worthless (too me).
>
>I stumbled on one a month ago and it was supposedly there to make
>sure all you non apple products were current (release levels). I
>started to go through them and gave up since the version I have are
>not all that out of date.

The black round icon on your Dock, just to the right of the Finder
icon is for Dashboard. "Dashboard" is where you see widgets. So click
that black icon to see whatever widgets you have. The F-12 key will
also bring up the Dashboard. Or if you have a mouse button set for
Dashboard, you can bring it up by pressing whatever button you have
set for  Dashboard. Or you can just double click "Dashboard" in your
Applications folder.  Oh, and in the Screensaver part of the Desktop
and Screensaver System Pref pane, under the "Hot Corners" button, you
can set one of the corners of your screen to bring up Dashboard.

In other words, there is no shortage of ways to access Dashboard
widgets, and there are lots of them built right into the O.S. Sounds
like you installed one you didn't need or want. So, remove it, and
activate some that are more useful to you!

Daly