[X4U] Microsoft Free Office 2008

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Thu Apr 16 06:32:09 PDT 2009

On 4/16/09 6:42 AM, wilkinw wrote:

> However with Mail, Entourage, it copy's the Microsoft user Database
> file into a new Database folder. Even though you are now running
> Entourage 08, the 04 Database file remains intact. so that if you
> decide to go back to Office 04 just make sure you don't delete the 04
> Microsoft Database folder.

He was asking about the Main Identity, which is an Entourage thing, so I was
answering from an Entourage perspective. The answer to that is still "No."

His specific question was whether the database he'd use with 2008 would be
usable in 2004 so he wouldn't lose the month's worth of email and such. The
answer to that is "No". He can't move the most up-to-date database out of
the Main Identity for En'rage 08 and put it in the Main Identity folder for
En'rage 2004 and have it work. Heck, En'rage 2004 databases that have had
updates applied don't always work with older versions of En'rage 2004!

Yes, any backup of the 2004 Main Identity that is made will still be
accessible when the month is over. However, it will not have the mail that
was received in En'rage 2008 in it. It will be up to date as of the moment
that it was made, and nothing more.

~Linda