[X4U] mac mini (2009) and applecare

Aron S. Spencer aron at r8ix.com
Thu Apr 16 10:57:31 PDT 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 1:14 PM, zapcat wrote:

> I respectfully disagree with that statement.
>
> when Mac gear fails and you are outside of the 90-day warranty, and
> without apple care, you then pay whatever rate Apple decides to
> charge you for the parts and service.

No, you're covered for a year on that, not 90 days. The 90-day is for
"technical support"; i.e., "how do I...?", not for the warranty.
That's part of what makes the value of AppleCare questionable (to me);
it's not 3 years of coverage, it's 2 years extension on the warranty,
plus tech support, which I have no need for.

When you call between 90 days and 1 year, you may be asked for credit
card info, but you won't be charged if they determine that the problem
is a hardware issue.