[X4U] Mail.app Scales Graphics and Videos

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Apr 27 19:55:25 PDT 2009

Mail has started to do something very strange and annoying.  When I
forward a message with graphics or videos in them, the graphics and
the videos are scaled smaller.  In fact, videos are scaled so small
that they are almost unwatchable.

The Image Size menu shows up in the lower right of the forwarded
message.  However, it is set for "original size" and when dropped
down only Small is available, Medium and Large are grayed out.
Choosing Small does not effect the size of the graphics.

I also tested trying a new message instead of a forward, and pasted a
graphic in.  The graphic was again scaled, and there is no Image Size
menu in the lower right of the message.

I can't find a setting that might effect this.  I've never seen
anything like this before.

I see it happen as soon as I choose "Forward".  I e-mailed myself a
forwarded message, and it showed up with the scaled graphics.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html