[X4U] Mail.app Scales Graphics and Videos

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Apr 28 17:37:31 PDT 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 2:08 PM, John Kiss wrote:

> My thought, in your case, was that if the WebKit framework is
> involved, maybe, just maybe it could affect how the attachments get
> treated. Knowing your Mac capabilities, I only provided what I
> thought would be a "fringe" solution. Boy, was I wrong!

No, it was a good thought!

But I'm not running Safari 4.  I'm still using Safari 3.  Actually
I'm really glad that I haven't switched yet, otherwise I'd be
suspicious of Safari 4, and it isn't the cause of the problem.

> One other solution that I haven's seen posted yet is a reinstall of
> the Mail application, either via Time Machine or Pacifist.

I may get there.  But this isn't the type of problem that usually one
would see if an application were corrupted.

My biggest suspicion right now is the last security update from Apple.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html