[X4U] Remote Access to Mobile Laptop - Any Solution

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed Feb 4 03:14:03 PST 2009

The ssh tunnel trick in the other reply also works . . . but it's a
lot more geeky to set up and trickier for a non technical user to
establish . . .although it can be turned into a double clickable
terminal file for the user. You won't know on your end that the user
needs support though . . . unless he calls you on the phone. LogMeIn
is actually the easiest way to make sure that the laptop is always
available to you if it has internet access.

The big difference between LogMeIn and Timbuktu (besides the cost) is
that LogMeIn is a 3 way VPN through their server. TBK2 just uses their
server to assist in the laptop and your client being able to find/talk
to each other directly.