[X4U] FireWire and low end Macs

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 16:41:37 PST 2009

>Firewire is a very big deal!  It's how I connect my Macs together
>for major syncs/transfers, and it's my preferred connection for
>external drives (even the ones that also have usb2) for extended
>storage or back-ups.

I would never ever buy a computer without Firewire, unless Firewire
had completely died as a protocol. I have too many devices that work
with Firewire. Yes, they also work with USB, but it's so much slower
and there are other disadvantages.

My sister bought a MacBook without Firewire and loves it, but already
regrets its lack of Firewire.

Daly