[X4U] Need suggestions

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 16:40:05 PST 2009

I have "something" that is changing my energy settings. I *think* its
at boot up time (but I am not 100 percent sure) as it seems to be
changing after it as well.

I lock the settings (7 minute) screen black out) and *NEVER* disk
power down.

After a reboot the system works fine for about 2 minutes all of a
sudden the screen darkens and the disk powers down.
At times I can't get into the power settings to re-lock the power
settings it literally shuts down before I can get there . Even then
it takes a few minutes before the system stops going into power saver
mode. It is obviously also ignoring my key strokes and mouse movement
(before I can lock it back up) and the damn thing just (excuse my
language but I am totally  frustrated).
This does not happen all the time but I would say at least 50 percent
of the time,

I get so mad when I am fighting the system that I forget the sequence
that seems to work and the system at times does NOT go through its
wackiness.

I have looked at startup (login) programs and nothing is really there
that I do not remember putting there. They also look pretty standard.
I have a few apps that have been with me since before I went to OS X
(2+ years ago) I have been having this specific issue for at least
3-4 months. None of the apps have anything to do with power saving
mode except for possibly the app called Hardware Monitor (I really do
not think this is the culprit as I just updated the version and it
still occurs.

Any  way to tell who the culprit is?

Thanks,

Ed

ps: In the far distant past (OS9) and after I have had some
incidences of when I do backups the system goes into sleep mode (but
not often). I back up all of my system weekly.