[X4U] Online banking

John Masters johnmasters at me.com
Tue Feb 10 14:39:26 PST 2009

On 10 Feb 2009, at 22:25, David Ledger wrote:

> At 22:09 +0000 10/2/09, John Masters wrote:
>> On 10 Feb 2009, at 22:00, Christopher Collins wrote:
>>> Perhaps the best idea might be to ask HSBC?
>> Why? HSBC have changed nothing. It's Apple that have made the
>> change that caused the problem.
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Does it not work, or are you just worried by the warning?
>
> Not much point in asking either Apple or HSBC. Neither would give
> you the real answer, in fact the only people you could ask won't
> know the answer and those that know will be 'restricted by
> security'. If it's an Apple problem it will get fixed - eventually.
> It could also be that HSBC were presenting non-compliant pages and
> Apple have removed some looseness. Few non-simple web pages are 100%
> compliant, and no browser implements the standard perfectly, but
> some are closer than others.
>
> David

Thanks for the insight. Cannot connect at all in Safari but OK in
Opera(set to id as IE). I moved to HSBC as my previous bank would not
support anything but IE and at the time I was using Debian. I moved to
OS X as it seemed the best of both worlds and am so far very happy
(having now bought an iMac, Macbook, Mac Mini and iPhone). I am just a
tad nervous that Apple might go the way of MS and try to impose their
own standards rather than use universally agreed standards.

Regards, John
johnmasters at me.com