[X4U] no new mini!? Hmph!!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 7 07:42:30 PST 2009

At 8:11 PM -0800 1/6/09, zapcat wrote:
>yeah, I know..rumors are only rumors, even if they're well-informed
>rumors, but still..
>
>I was *really* hoping for a nice mini refresh...

To be quite blunt, yesterdays announcements sucked.  Who didn't know
they'd most likely announce iLife '09 and iWork '09?  And wow, they
finally finished the 17" Mac Book Pro.  The only thing remotely
interesting was the iTunes music announcement.

While I would have liked to see a Mac Mini announcement, I was really
*hoping* for a Nehalem based Xeon Mac Pro announcement, but honestly
didn't expect to see one yet.  My aging G5 2x2 needs replaced, but I
don't want to buy a new Mac Pro until the Nehalem based ones are
released.  I wonder if we'll have to wait for the Developers
Conference for an announcement on them.  It's now been a year since
the last update of the Mac Pro.

Zane