[X4U] OK with cron tasks if apps left running?

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Fri Jan 9 05:30:18 PST 2009

On Jan 9, 2009, at 4:11 AM, Paul Bentley wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2009, at 07:32, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>
>>> MacJanitor doesn't work in 10.5, AFAIK; at least it didn't the
>>> last time I tried it.
>>
>> It wasn't updated for OS X 10.5 because it isn't needed.
>
> Unfortunately, as far as I can see on our Macs running 10.5, which
> aren't left on all night but are on for a considerable period of the
> day, don't ever run the automatic tasks as the only Console log
> entries I can find are those where we've run the maintenance tasks
> manually.

I checked my log file last night and my Mac appears to "catch up" when
I wake it up (I put it to sleep each night).  Checked the log just now
after waking it and the daily job ran.

This is a relatively new Mac that came with 10.5 installed.

FWIW,

--
Rod

The box said "Use Windows 95 or better," so I got a Macintosh