[X4U] OK with cron tasks if apps left running?

Paul Bentley pbwotw at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 9 02:11:15 PST 2009

On 9 Jan 2009, at 07:32, Randy B. Singer wrote:

>> MacJanitor doesn't work in 10.5, AFAIK; at least it didn't the last
>> time I tried it.
>
> It wasn't updated for OS X 10.5 because it isn't needed.

Unfortunately, as far as I can see on our Macs running 10.5, which
aren't left on all night but are on for a considerable period of the
day, don't ever run the automatic tasks as the only Console log
entries I can find are those where we've run the maintenance tasks
manually. I personally prefer to run the maintenance tasks manually in
Terminal - although to have the ability to simply alter the time they
run via System Preferences would be even better - rather than use a
third party app or whatever, so if the command syntax to run the tasks
changes I don't have to root around and find and disable whatever it
is I've set to do this task.

pb