[X4U] From PC to Mac

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Mon Jan 12 16:47:56 PST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 17:02, Ed Gould wrote:

> I did something similar when I converted from OS2 to MAC 10 years
> ago. I also bought a program that would take MS Formated email to
> MAC mail when I converted. All in all its pretty painless when you
> find the right tool. One thing that I found daunting was to find the
> right MAC MAIL app preferences that converted MAC MAIL to any other
> email preferences. It can be done (I did it novice that I was at the
> time but ended up with a hand from a friend). All in all a pretty
> painless exercise. One thing that I still miss in MAC MAIL is that
> in EUDORA after closing the email message it automatically went to
> the next email. I really liked that feature and really sorely miss
> that functionality in MAIL.app. That is the major issue there are
> others of course, but I do like mail (most of the time) it is not
> exactly bullet proof but fairly stable none the less.

I missed that "next unread" option for awhile too . . .but once I got
used to using the 3 pane view in Mail rather than opening each mail
individually . . . I just click on delete if that's the option for
this message and it shows me the next one in line.

I haven't figured out a way to add additional buttons for filing
though . . .I miss the ability to have a couple of "Archive" buttons
that would redirect mail to a particular archive. Maybe I can figure
out a way to do it via a keyboard shortcut in System Preferences though.