[X4U] What keeps going when switching Users

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 17:25:37 PST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 5:55 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have four Users set up on my G5 iMac (10.4.11) with Fast User
> Switching turned on. I'm curious as to what tasks keep working when
> the User is switched.

I do it all the time with burning disks, downloads going etc. I
haven't specifically tried it with WoW, but I don't know of anything
that stops running when you switch users that way. Having said that, I
get the impression that some web sites that automatically refresh
their pages after a specific amount of time stop doing so, but I'm not
familiar with how those work and I'm not sure either way.

-Mike