[X4U] What keeps going when switching Users

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Jan 14 15:55:09 PST 2009

Hi all,

I have four Users set up on my G5 iMac (10.4.11) with Fast User
Switching turned on. I'm curious as to what tasks keep working when
the User is switched. If I'm burning a DVD can my wife switch to her
account to check her e-mail? If there's an upload or download in
progress will switching accounts interrupt it? When my son is playing
World of Warcraft can I switch to my account to check something
without him having to log out of the game?

I haven't taken the time to experiment with this but I was wondering
if any of you listers knew the answer?

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design