[X4U] Importing Excel list of addresses into Address Book

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 07:06:46 PST 2009

>List,
>
>I have an extensive list of addresses including email address in
>Excel and/or Numbers '08 tables. I want to import them into my
>address book in order to send group emails to clients. How can that
>be done?
>Alternatively, can I send emails to the clients by selecting them
>all in a Numbers column, instead of one for one?

I would suggest that you get them all into one Excel document. Be
sure you have column headings like "First", "Last," "email" (and any
other fields you want that are supported in AddressBook.

Then when it's all cleaned up, in Excel's File menu choose "Save As"
and save the file with the "CSV - Comma Separated Values" format.

You can then import that file directly into AddressBook using
File/Import/Text File

Daly