[X4U] I have an Iphone question and a google search has not helped find an answer to my question so....

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Jan 29 07:39:28 PST 2009

I am asking the list to see if someone knows where I might find this
answer....

I apologize for asking the list but have not a clue where to turn to...

If I did something wrong, I apologize in advance and will take any
admonition privately....

I have a chance to legally buy an iPhone that is legally unlocked and
can be used on any GSM carrier.

The question I have is when Apple sends out an iPhone update, could
that update "lock" or "brick" this phone.

For what it is worth, the country where this legally unlocked iPhone
is being sold does NOT have an iTunes web site so software updates
would have to come from the USA's ITunes web site. Have not checked
if this is allowed per any and all software and hardware licenses.

Thanks in advance for listening.

Lee