[X4U] What to watch for with used MacBook?

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Thu Mar 5 17:02:16 PST 2009

I'd be prepared to purchase a new battery. You might want to look at
the cord to the power brick and make certain it is not warn. The
amount of included memory. I am not sure how you tell if the hard
drive is going bad. I have an 18 month old Power Book Pro and have
replaced both the HD and the battery. Fortunately I had Applecare
which might still be in affect if the unit had it and is young enough.

Jens

On Mar 2, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Crandon David wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I intend to purchase a used Macbook, don't really know what model
> yet, but it has to have an itel processor. It'll probably be 1-2yrs
> old to save some $.
>
> What should I check out to make sure I'm getting a good unit?
>
> Obviously, dents, warpage, closes properly, etc. What about running
> Disk Repair from Disk utility, Techtool, Diskwarrior, etc.
>
> What else?
>
> David

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...