[X4U] MAIL APP Question

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Tue Mar 10 15:38:51 PDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> Sigh... I have COMCAST as my ISP and it seems that COMCASTS mail
> server is down more than almost any other ISP's server I have run
> into.
> Since Tech Support is useless (especially for MAC users) does anyone
> have some debugging tips so that the delay on the phone is minimized?
> I usually get a prompt for the mail password that indicated it is
> down. Does Apple need to put better diagnostics in or is the MAIL
> app terminally dumb?(should I request APPLE to giver better
> diagnostics OR is this an Apple versus COMCAST disagreement on how
> SMTP works?
>
> Ed

Ed: have you thought about getting a G-mail account and using it
instead of your Comcast mail account?

One of the advantages of G-mail is that you can use it to send (and
receive) mail when you are not on a comcast network. Great for the
times when you stay in a motel or visiting a friend who uses a
different ISP. Also, works with an iPhone.

Jeff
Carruthers Communications                  Tel: 613-278-0390
678 2nd Concession N Sherbrooke     Cell: 613-720-2350
R.R. 1, McDonalds Corners, ON  K0G 1M0   Fax: 613-278-2929
www.carruthers.com                          e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com

"There's no such thing as a dumb question." (Anon)