[X4U] Music CD catalog app

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Mar 11 04:44:14 PDT 2009

>I am looking for a simple app to catalog my music CDs. I do not play
>any music on my iMac [24 in/3.06/10.5.6/4gb] as my computer is
>located in my study where I have a superb stereo music setup so I
>only play CDs on that. But I do want to be able to make a catalog of
>all my CDs [so far only about 150] and load all my CDs in an app
>which will show CD name, each song title, singer, etc. And enable me
>to search on song title, artist name, CD name. etc.
>
>I don't want to load the songs into iTunes as that's a waste of
>space. I thought I would just be able to import the CD into iTunes
>and save the CD title, contents, etc in iTunes and then eject the
>CD/delete the songs but apparently I can't. Is that possible?

There's a very nice fast and simple utility that will list your CDs
along with the tracks on each (but no metadata, if that's what you
want). It's called "CDFinder" and you can download it at:

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/9950>

There are others like it, such as DiskCatalogMaker, DiskLibrary, and
DiskTracker, but I like CDFinder mainly because it automatically
looks up your CD in the online database and enters the track names.

Daly