[X4U] Music CD catalog app

Peter Sealy carpet3 at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 11 01:43:59 PDT 2009

I am looking for a simple app to catalog my music CDs. I do not play
any music on my iMac [24 in/3.06/10.5.6/4gb] as my computer is located
in my study where I have a superb stereo music setup so I only play
CDs on that. But I do want to be able to make a catalog of all my CDs
[so far only about 150] and load all my CDs in an app which will show
CD name, each song title, singer, etc. And enable me to search on song
title, artist name, CD name. etc.

I don't want to load the songs into iTunes as that's a waste of space.
I thought I would just be able to import the CD into iTunes and save
the CD title, contents, etc in iTunes and then eject the CD/delete the
songs but apparently I can't. Is that possible?

Any bright ideas out there pse. I have looked at a number of shareware
apps on Version Tracker but I have no real opinion on their quality.

Thanks

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA

The Apple Religion: Geek Orthodox