[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 55, Issue 7

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Fri Mar 13 08:31:27 PDT 2009

On 3/13/09 1:00 AM, Ed Gould wrote:

> Sorry I disagree. the phishers had to of broken into PAYPAL and got
> email address somehow(other friend were getting the same emails as I
> had been).

No, Ed, you have to believe: they didn't break into your PayPal account.
These phishers send the notices to everyone they can, whether they have a
PayPal account or not. My husband, who does NOT have a Paypal account,
receives them too! These phishers either A) buy a list of email addresses to
phish or B) simply decide on a domain -- earthlink.net, comcast.net,
charter.net, etc. -- and then they use software to start coming up with
every possible permutation of email addresses for that domain.

~Linda