[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 18:48:41 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 7:50 PM, Michael Winter wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> I must be doing something wrong as when I do it I get the "noise"
>> saying error and it does not go into the trash.
>>
>> What OS level are you at?
>
> I'm currently at OS X 10.5.6, but its worked for every version I've
> used. But just to be clear, I'm talking about using Spotlight. I've
> never installed or used Notlight.
>
> -Mike

Mike:

Thanks. But it looks like we are talking about the same thing. What I
wanted to do is to *DELETE* the file (into the trash) .

Ed

ps: in 10.4.11 hitting the command delete key did not take it out of
spotlight like other(s) have indicated but I am satisfied that it
cannot be done in spotlight (to move it to the trash).