[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 20:01:44 PDT 2009

Ed,

Have you emptied your trash after you did the key combo 'command-delete'? Until you empty the trash Spotlight will keep showing the item still in the system. Remember, when you delete a file you do not regain your disk space until you empty the trash, same principal here. It's a safe guard so if you change your mind before you hit the empty trash you can retrieve it.
I make a habit of opening the trash before I hit empty specially when I'm doing any serious house-keeping, the only time I don't is when I'm doing light cleaning from my desktop, I also recommend an 'Empty Trash' often, if you have many files in the trash it takes longer to empty and also makes it harder to verify just what it is you are flushing.

John