[X4U] Interesting problem Arose

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 15:13:55 PDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 3:57 PM, LA Licata wrote:

> Ed,
>
> with some electronic devices I own, and my 17" PB is one of them,
> it just stops working as designed. Restarts do not fix. But a
> shutdown, and sometimes removal of all power (AC and battery) for a
> period of time (probably minutes is all that is needed, but I
> usually give it hours) allow the wayward electrons to drain away,
> chips settle down, and internal harmony returns. This happens more
> frequently with my satellite TV box, but it happens. I visualize
> the problem as the "electrons have lost their way and do not know
> how to find home."
> I do not think it is related to the temperature of the mac overall,
> or even a specific component. I just think that the machine has
> become so complicated, it sometimes loses it way.
>
> Anyway, that is my story and I am sticking with it.
>
> Lee

Lee:

Interesting. In my old field something like this would have gotten
the whole computer kicked out the door. I know the small computer
world doesn't care about users but in my old world this would have
gotten resolved by opening the door and chucking the entire unit into
the trash, post haste.

Ed