[X4U] SuperDupper question

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 22:07:57 PDT 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 8:59 PM, John Kiss wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2009, at 8:07 PM, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> Randy Singer was nice enough to suggest Superdupper and it seemed
>> just what I wanted *EXCEPT* when I tried to run the function it
>> said I had to pay for the product. No tryout, no nothing buy it
>> like a pig in a polk. Now $27 is not a lot of money but its more
>> of the principle than anything. I consider it crippleware now
>> before you chime in and defend anything (either package) I am not
>> going to defend either one as A. Either too complicated to set up
>> or B. Functionless (AFAIK) for what I need (without paying money).
>
> I thought SuperDuper was free as long as you did a complete full
> backup. The paid version gives you SmartCopy and a bunch of other
> stuff.

I went over this with support. But all I did was to copy the files
from a disk to and external disk. The default (and cannot change it)
is to erase the receiving volume which I do not want to do The person
did not offer any options but what they put in their product. He did
suggest to back it up to a DMG file which might be OK for testing but
not in product as then the idea thing is to do offsite storage (AKA
peddle net).