[X4U] Re: SuperDuper question

George Harvey gwil3 at charter.net
Wed Mar 25 14:53:10 PDT 2009

Ed Gould wrote: I guess we agree to disagree on this one Randy.
Although the

>>> support was there (for this issue) I find the pay before you try
>>> is pushing the edge (for me). If super duper had a 10 day try
>>> period I would be perfectly happy with that (or some other
>>> reasonable period). I am not cheap but if I buy a car I expect to
>>> drive around (even if its 20 minutes).

Retrospect 6 still works well but it has been superseded by Retrospect
8, which is much improved. You can try it before you pay, but the
price is over a hundred dollars. It is worth it for anyone who can
afford it. I have many reliable backups that use Retrospect 6.

I solved my backup problems with a simpler backup system in which I
use partitions on a 3 hard drives. Using SuperDuper, I make successive
backups on each partition. This has been extremely reliable, and I can
test a backup by starting up from a partition. I get the most for my
money this way. I bought SuperDuper after seeing it successfully used
by many Mac owners.

George Harvey