[X4U] An extremely frustrating print problem

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 18:22:01 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Here's an extremely frustrating print problem for webpages.

On some websites I go to they use "frames". If I want to print
something from the page, using the File menu will give me a choice
that says something to the effect "print largest frame", or "print
front frame", or something...

The website that is extrememely frustrating to me is for Consumer
Reports.

As an example, I'm researching buying a dishwasher. They list about
137 different models, some of them tested, some not, along with all
their features, etc.

They've chosen to make a seperate "frame" in the middle of the page
that you scroll through. I'd like to print the whole list, but the
only printing "choice" is to print the whole page, and then it will
only print what's visible in the center frame, which may be only 10
of the models.

If you're a member of CR, go to this web page:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/appliances/kitchen-appliances/
dishwashers/dishwasher-ratings/ratings-overview/selector.htm?
testState=Not%
20Tested&brand=Asko&brand=Bosch&brand=Dacor&brand=Electrolux&brand=Fishe
r%20%26%
20Paykel&brand=Frigidaire&brand=GE&brand=Gaggenau&brand=Haier&brand=Hotp
oint&brand=Jenn-Air&brand=Kenmore%20(Sears)
&brand=KitchenAid&brand=LG&brand=Maytag&brand=Miele&brand=Samsung&brand=
Tappan&brand=Thermador&brand=Viking&brand=Whirlpool

and click on "show tested and untested".

If you are not a member, but you are kind enough to help me out,
email me directly and I'll give you my code.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to design or program the page to be
able to print the whole frame, but calls and emails to them are met
with misunderstandings, and then when they do understand, they say
they'll talk to their webmaster about it, and then I never hear back.
This has been going on for about a year or so.

Obviously, when looking at what to buy in the stores, being able to
have the whole list would be very helpful. I mean, this is Consumer
Reports, this is the whole point of what they do!

Anyone?

Dave Crandon