[X4U] Need to split or shrink an .mp3 file

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Mon Mar 30 10:43:20 PDT 2009

I'm going through iTunes. The mp4 files import fine into iTunes and I
can play them without a problem but when I try to drag them onto my
iPod Shuffle through iTunes the iPod doesn't highlight to allow me to
drop the file. mp3s work fine. I can drag the original mp3 file onto
my iPod and it would work other than the fact that a message appears
saying the file is too large for the iPod.

I found the following link that shows the file formats iPod Shuffles
accept. MP4s are not listed.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2565?viewlocale=en_US

I need to either split the file into two and still have it be an mp3
or somehow downsample/resample it so that it's under 960MB.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing address: