[X4U] Bulk Renaming iTunes audio book files

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Wed Nov 25 10:37:08 PST 2009

   That's basically what I do. The difference is that with music it
   doesn't really matter if you have 5 songs all titled "Track 1",
   there's no screen to scroll through so if you don't want the current
   song you press for the next. With audiobooks if CD 1 has "Track 1"
   and CD2 has "Track 1" and CD3... If each track is a different chapter
   of the book you end up with the chapters out of order. I've been
   manually renaming the files to put them in order but it's tedious
   when there are 100+ tracks per book.

Which goes back to what others have said about fixing it during import
(i.e., be sure that the disk # are set correct).  If you do this,
iTunes can sort everything out.

Craig