[X4U] Bulk Renaming iTunes audio book files

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Nov 25 07:38:17 PST 2009

On 23-Nov-09, at 10:42 AM, Craig A. Finseth wrote:

> Current shuffles may be different, but I used to just create a
> (non-smart) playlist with what I want to listen to in the correct
> order, and sync (just) that playlist.  You then delete items from the
> playlist before you synch again with new stuff.
>
> It worked great.
>
> I never tried this with "audio books:" all of my content was imported
> from CD so I just managed it like any other music.
>
> Now, if only I could put podcasts onto a playlist like I used to.
>
> Craig

That's basically what I do. The difference is that with music it
doesn't really matter if you have 5 songs all titled "Track 1",
there's no screen to scroll through so if you don't want the current
song you press for the next. With audiobooks if CD 1 has "Track 1"
and CD2 has "Track 1" and CD3... If each track is a different chapter
of the book you end up with the chapters out of order. I've been
manually renaming the files to put them in order but it's tedious
when there are 100+ tracks per book.