[X4U] Yes, we're back!

Eric Prentice eric at themacintoshguy.com
Tue Sep 15 23:41:30 PDT 2009

Hey Ed,

Fair questions. First of all, the lists aren't able to be our first
priority and it took longer to dig into the problems than we hoped.
Business these days seems to take a little more attention that it has
in past years if you know what I mean. Then like I mentioned, when we
started working on the issue, the machine they were running on
completely died. We're thinking it was a power supply but we've not
done a full autopsy on the old server yet.

Of course the timing of this whole thing was less than ideal, we were
just launching new web store at drbott.com, our IT manager had a baby,
etc.

So if we had been able to get a note out, we would have liked to do
that but unfortunately when the issue is that the server won't process
mail properly, it is hard to get messages out right?

Hopefully we'll be able to communicate better in the future but these
lists are a bit of a hobby and won't likely be able to be first on the
list any time soon.

The good news is that the new server software has some capabilities
that will help keep it from spiraling out of control. Some simple auto-
discard settings will allow it to clear out spam and rejected messages
instead of letting them pile up until the machine slows to a crawl.

Eric