[X4U] Transferring keychains

Chris Irvine chris at threeprong.com
Wed Sep 16 08:31:12 PDT 2009

Your default user keychain is actually just a file. It is normally
stored inside your home directory under Library/Keychains/

If you still have access to the old machine you should be able to drag
the "login.keychain" file over to your new machine. I'd recommend
renaming the old file before a double click to something like
"old_login.keychain". The file should open using Keychain Access and
you can drag items from the old keychain over to your current default
keychain.

Of course, there might be a more complicated issue here. If you are
jumping a huge number of versions of the OS or Safari, there might be
some compatibility issues that I'm forgetting.

-Chris