[X4U] Transferring keychains

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed Sep 16 13:44:10 PDT 2009

Migration Assistant should move all of that . . .assuming you migrated
her user account.

If that isn't working correctly . . .you can try this.

1. Remove her user account from the new computer; including the option
to delete the home directory.

2. Copy her entire home directory from the old /Users folder to the
new machine /Users folder.

3. Create her account on the new machine . . .make sure you use the
exact same user name (short and long) as on the old computer. You'll
get a dialog about the home directory already existing and do you want
to use it or create a new one. Select "use existing" (or the option
that means that) and it will set the permissions correctly on the
existing copy of her homedirectory to the new account.

I have had to do this occasionally when migrating people between
machines . . . sometimes Migration Assistant doesn't quite work as it
should.

--
neil