[X4U] File sharing between users

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Apr 9 17:49:43 PDT 2010

On the main family Mac, I have my regular account and an "admin"
account. There are times when I'm running under one of the accounts
when I want to access a file in the other. Is there a way to obtain
the kind of file sharing access to the "other" account that I have
when I use file sharing from another computer?

Said another way, if I use file sharing and log into another Mac on
the network I can "connect to" the the user's home directory and
access files. Is there a way to "connect to" another user's home
directory when that user account is on the same computer?

Right now, I have to use fast user switching to log into the other
account, copy what I need to the "Shared" folder, then switch back to
the original account and possibly deal with permissions issues. Then,
since the kids use the same computer, I have to get the file back
where it belongs. It just seems like there should be a more elegant
solution.

Thanks for the help.

-Mike