[X4U] Display Port Without the Apple Tax?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Aug 2 16:43:12 PDT 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> A couple of months ago, I got an Apple 24" display on loan from
> Apple (for some stuff I'm writing). I'm amazed at how much better
> it is. While I couldn't justify the price of their 30", I'm going
> to order the new 27" as soon as it's available.

It is a not very well kept secret that Samsung makes all of Apple's
stand-alone monitors for them.  If you do some research (I like
PCWorld's Top Ten Monitors ratings) it is fairly easy to find
monitors in Samsung's own lineup that are more or less equivalent to
Apple's monitors...usually for a fraction of the price that Apple is
asking for.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html