[X4U] Display Port Without the Apple Tax?

Gene Steinberg gene at technightowl.com
Mon Aug 2 16:49:50 PDT 2010

Maybe, but the ones I saw at a third the price didn't have the higher resolution, LED backlight or any of the other extras Apple offers.

Maybe the better choice is to look at what other display makers are building, since Samsung sources many of the panels.

I found an equivalent at Dell: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=224-8284

But it's $999 after discount, same as Apple without a discount.

Peace,
Gene