[X4U] The case of missing hard drive space

Kevin Hahn Kevin at KevinHahnPhotography.com
Wed Aug 18 21:49:04 PDT 2010

So I had to do a re-install of OSX onto my MacBook Pro (10.4.11).

After spending substantial time I am left confused.

If I go to Macintosh HD and get info I get 97.85 GB on the HD, however,
if I go into the directory for Macintosh HD I can only find at best
about 43 GB worth of content to be taking up the hard drive.

I had some recovery issues but this is ridiculous, I am very puzzled as
to where 97.85 GB worth of Content could possibly be hiding on my system.

Any suggestions? I am not exactly excited about the prospects of doing a
full wipe and re-install but I have entire libraries of media that I
can't bring back onto the machine at this point.

Kevin