[X4U] The case of missing hard drive space

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Wed Aug 18 22:29:50 PDT 2010

First things first. If the data is important, go and get a new 2.5" SATA hard drive and install it into your MBP.

Shouldn't cost more than AUS$125 for about 500GB.

Install a clean system onto that.

Now connect your old drive in an external case and spend as much time as you like trying to find that missing data.

Look for "Previous System" I think it is called.

cjc