[X4U] iTunes splitting album folders

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 15:57:47 PDT 2010

Having a problem now for a while when if we play/select a song to play outside of iTunes itself, iTunes will create a folder outside of the normal placement (Home/users/User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music) and create a duplicate folder of the album in the IiTunes Folder with only the one song selected to play, should I play another song from the same album (again outside of the iTunes Player) it will end up in the newly created album folder with the first song.And so far the only way to clean this up is by physically opening the new and original folders and dragging the out of place songs back to their home folder.This also causes a problem when I select one of the songs that is now in it's new home from within iTunes and the alert window pops up telling me it "can't find the song and would I like to locate it".DOH, of course I would, but what can I do to keep this from happening in the first place?TIAOh and by the way, if I should select one of the lost
 songs again from outside iTunes it will create a new folder, only now it is in the Music Folder and the process starts from there.Happens on both my machines:Mac Mini Intel 10.6.4Mac Mini Intel 10.5.7Both running iTunes 9.2.1 Thanks