[X4U] beaucoup problems with Office 08 on G4 running 10.4.11

stephen e. schwartz ses at bnl.gov
Wed Aug 25 12:14:36 PDT 2010

I installed Office 08 and cannot get Word 08 to work. The app quits
at the least provocation, e.g. opening a Word X for mac document that
I had previously saved, especially if it has any graphics in it.
Sometimes a simple paste will make the app quit.

It has a long list of fonts, but if I select times it gives me
American Typewriter.

And it does not have any capability to create macros, which really
improve my workflow.

I am ready to throw it out the window. hmm. why did I come up with
that metaphor.

Suggestions anyone? One is not to use it, stay with Word X. I do need
word for compatability in exchanging documents with others, and word
X works for that. I had been recommended to word 08 because it
ostensibly can deal with pdf-format graphics on the clipboard, but I
see no evidence of that so far.

thanks for any suggestions (or condolences). -steve