[X4U] iPad news

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 2 07:46:18 PST 2010

On Feb 1, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> There are a bunch of good reasons to keep Flash off of the iPad.
> Both technological and political reasons.  HTML5 may make Flash
> irrelevant.  It is fitting that Apple will be the driving force for
> the industry to adopt HTML5, just as Apple was the driving force away
> from SCSI and floppy drives, and towards using USB and FireWire.

Is there any data to show that people are turning away from Flash?
few months back, there was a thread here talking about Flash's
security risk and  I was surprised at the disdain expressed for flash
by this list.

Personally, I'd live a happy life if flash faded into oblivion, where
it belongs. (IMO)

zc