[X4U] Firewire Drive Recommendations?

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Mon Feb 8 16:41:19 PST 2010

I personally buy all my drives from OWC at www.macsales.com. Just recently got their Mercury Elite-AL Pro . . .1.5 TB FOR 217 WITH USB/FW800/FW400/eSata or 179 for USB/FW400. Very nice, very quiet, and excellent service from OWC for years. Small Dog Electronics has good stuff as well.

On Feb 8, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> I had an Iomega 1TB USB2, Firewire 400/800 drive that I had been hanging off a Mac mini Snow Leopard Server as Time Machine backup for about 6 workstations. It has crapped out on me for the 2nd time in the last year and a 1/2. Any recommendations for a particular Firewire 800 drive - 1-2TB in capacity, that would do a good job as a Time Machine backup drive for about 6 workstations?

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil